Ballinger is seeking a Healthcare Architect who will work with interdisciplinary teams in creating integrated buildings that respond to the needs, values, and contexts of the people who occupy them; as well as the institutions, cities and landscapes to which they belong.
Assignments may include working with a team through programming, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning, construction documentation and construction administration activities, with the expectation of gradual independence and demonstrated leadership in these areas.
- Conduct design related research
- Work with external consultants, product reps and fabricators
- Interface and coordinate with other disciplines
- Mentor team members with less experience
- Travel as project requirements dictate for surveys and field/site visits during construction
- Lead team 3D renderings
- Generate red lines in a documentation set
- Accountability for budget adherence
- Act as a team-wide mentor
- Advise on Firm Standards (RUG/Technical/ Templates/Specs)
- Engage in internal project leadership (lead a component or discipline within a project team)
- Engage in external project leadership (lead project with client and contractor)
- Present and provide day to day support to client and external project team
- Perform ongoing studies for process improvement
- Build on industry network, potentially through trade organizations, local events, speaking or conferences where applicable
- Ability to take and provide direction within a larger team
- Develops design or technical solutions under supervision of project leadership
- Self-starter, able to independently generate design solutions and direction to other team members
- Leads small scale projects, or components of large scale projects working with a Senior Project Designer, develop work plans and project execution strategies with project leadership
- Leads construction administration related activities across team and all disciplines
- High level of responsiveness and collaboration with contractors and clients
- Interfaces with all disciplines during the design/coordination phases.
- Produce field site visit reports as applicable to level of responsibility by project
- BS or BA in Architecture required; BArch or MArch preferred
- Professional License (RA) required
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in healthcare
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Full COVID vaccination required
At Ballinger, we understand that our employees work hard but also seek good work/life balance. We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.